A. Personally Identifiable Information
It is our policy to collect only information that is relevant to our business and our customers’ needs. Wire Rope Australia gets access to identifiable information in different ways through different mediums. Most often, information may be received by, or provided to Wire Rope Australia:
- When a potential customer or visitor accesses https://www.wireropeaustralia.com.au/ or any of its subdomains for purposes of ongoing communications, voluntarily providing their name, address and/or contact details; as well as any licence details.
- At the instance of a new product purchase, a customer provides name, address, telephone and other contact details;
- When making financial arrangements for purchases;
- Through surveys, feedback calls / research and other Wire Rope Australia-initiated communication with customers;
- Through phone-ins, emails and other customer-initiated correspondence with Wire Rope Australia.
- By filling out or otherwise using the various contact forms on any Wire Rope Australia website which may include, among other things, name, address and/or contact details;
Personally identifiable information received or collected, may include basic contact information – name, title, mailing/home address, email address, telephone, mobile and fax numbers. Demographic information, e.g. occupation or trade, is actively sought via our ongoing efforts to understand our customers better and to respond to their needs.Visitors are also able to send emails or instant messages (IMs) from any Wire Rope Australia website. These messages may contain the usernames, screen names and/or email addresses, in addition to any information users voluntarily include in these messages.
B. Sensitive Information
It is Wire Rope Australia’s policy not to actively seek any sensitive information using any form of interaction with our customers. Sensitive information includes all types of data relating to ethnicity or racial origins; political affiliations or opinions; spiritual, religious or other beliefs; memberships to trade unions; physical and/or mental health conditions; sexual orientation or preferences or criminal record(s). We strongly suggest that you refrain from providing any sensitive information. If you do wish to include sensitive information for whatever reason, Wire Rope Australia accepts your explicit permission to use said information as described in this privacy statement or as described at the time you chose to disclose this piece of sensitive information.
C. Tracking and Log Files
To ensure familiarity with the interaction between Wire Rope Australia work groups and our customers, we have, and are constantly putting in place or improving measures to collate all customer information we collect.
In cases of contact via any Wire Rope Australia website, electronic log files or cookies are not used in order to identify website visitors.
D. Use(s) of Personally identifiable Information
A user/visitor may choose to provide personal information through any of the following media:
- Customer feedback or satisfaction surveys;
- Comment forms throughout any Wire Rope Australia website
- Competition entry forms;
- Opting in to mailing lists;
- Bulletins, discussion or message boards/forums;
- Contact forms designed for obtaining further information;
- Registration or sign-up forms for access to premium online services;
- Online/Offline Chat/IM windows
Information provided to, or received by Wire Rope Australia is used solely for the particular purpose(s) stated at the point of collection/reception and in accordance with the Spam Act 2003.
This data is never shared with third parties or other entities for secondary, unspecified, or unrelated purposes, unless otherwise stated at the point of collection. In any case where sharing of customer information is required for whatever purpose, consent/permission will be sought beforehand.
E. Storing Customer Information
Customer information is kept indefinitely to enable Wire Rope Australia to:
- Continue providing warranty information or services to product owners;
- Identify previous Wire Rope Australia customers and recognise them accordingly;
- Provide after-sales services relevant to the customer’s product
Where information is provided in relation to an enquiry about Wire Rope Australia or its products, the information shall be kept for as long as the information is relevant or required to completely serve the request or until user requests the information be deleted.
F. Security of Information
Wire Rope Australia has, and continues to implemented generally accepted standards of technology and security to protect personally identifiable information from misuse, alteration, loss or destruction. All Wire Rope Australia staff and agents are committed to a company-wide security policy. Access to personally identifiable information are strictly limited to duly authorised persons who have agreed to safeguard confidentiality of information.
- via an email announcement to all contacts in our database(s), or
- posting alterations on the home page of the Wire Rope Australia main website, https://www.wireropeaustralia.com.au/ for a period of at least two weeks.
H. Online Privacy Protection for Minors
I. Privacy-related Contact